If you haven’t heard yet, the impact of video on social media is huge. Video needs to be a part of your marketing strategy. Yes, video can be expensive… but it pays off. Did you know that video on social media generates 1200% more shares than text and image content combined? Video is more engaging, more memorable, and more popular among consumers than any other type of content.
Let’s break it down with some statistics (maybe this will help you convince your boss that video is necessary for your organization).
- Facebook videos receive 135% more organic reach on average than a Facebook photo (Socialbakers).
- By 2020, online videos will make up more than 80% of all consumer internet traffic (85% in the US) (Cisco).
- 59% of executives say they would rather watch a video than read text (Wordstream).
- One minute of video is worth 1.8 million words (Forrester Research).
- 45% of people watch more than an hour of Facebook or YouTube videos a week. (HubSpot)
- 100 million hours of video are watched each day on Facebook (TechCrunch).
- 500 million people watch Facebook videos every day (Tubular Insights).
- 60% of marketers used videos in their social media marketing in 2016 (Social Media Examiner).
- Including video on landing pages can increase conversion rates by 80% (Unbounce).
- Using the word “video” in an email subject line was found to increase open rates by 19% and clickthrough rates by 65% (HubSpot).
- Video ads have an average clickthrough rate of 1.84%, the highest of all digital ad formats (Business Insider).
- Brands that use video marketing grow their year-over-year revenue 49% faster than brands that don’t (Wirebuzz).
As these stats show, video is a powerful tool that you can leverage to reach new audiences and increase engagement from your current followers.
Are you already incorporating video into your marketing strategy? Make sure you are doing it right. Did you know that 33% of viewers will stop watching a video after 30 seconds, 45% by one minute, and 60% by two minutes? Nearly two-thirds of consumers prefer video under 60 seconds. Keep this in mind the next time you create a video for social media.
So, what are you waiting for? Let’s talk about how we can incorporate video into your marketing strategy. If you are already rocking your social media with video, let’s chat about how we can make it even better.