01 Dec Giving Tuesday Recap
#GivingTuesday has already come and gone. Did your organization meet its goals this year, or was something missing? We gathered tips from Nonprofit Tech for Good and made this checklist to help you plan for next year:
- Create a landing page dedicated to Giving Tuesday.
- Add a “Donate” button on your website.
- Prominently feature the date of #GivingTuesday on your website.
- Add #GivingTuesday hashtag to your social posts.
- Use call-to-actions; donate, share on social media, sign a petition, etc.
- Have social posts created and ready to post. Do you know how to schedule posts?
- Make sure you always attach links to your giving day landing page
- Create a “Save the Date” email blast ready to send 2 weeks before Giving Tuesday. Be creative and make a custom email banner.
- Send requests to corporate sponsors to match donations
- Recruit ambassadors to share your cause on social media
- What’s your budget look like? Don’t forget to include graphic design costs, paid ads, fees to fundraising platforms, etc.
Let’s focus on the big day.
- Send at least two emails during your giving day. One email should announce that giving day is here and the other should announce your organization reached X% of its fundraising goal.
- Post a minimum of 3x on Facebook.
- Tweet a minimum of 2x hourly. Remember to retweet donors, supporters, and ambassadors.
- Post on Instagram a minimum of 3x.
- Go live on Facebook and Instagram at least once.
- Don’t forget to post on LinkedIn and SnapChat too.
Don’t forget to follow up.
- Write an article, blog post, or press release summarizing your organization’s success on Giving Day.
- Send an email to donors thanking them for their gift.
- Post thank you graphics on social media the day after giving day.
- Update your giving day landing page with the date of next year’s giving day.
If your #GivingTuesday campaign didn’t pan out to what you were hoping it would be, let us help you reach your goals for Giving Tuesday 2018. Don’t be afraid to reach out. Let’s talk about how you can successfully approach Giving Tuesday in 2018.
Credit/ Tag: NP Tech For Good