At Scott Allen Creative, we are passionate about nonprofit organizations and the causes they serve. That is why we have dedicated ourselves to primarily serve nonprofit organizations. We always celebrate nonprofits, but we especially do on August 17th–National Nonprofit Day. National Nonprofit Day exists to give credit to the nonprofits, their staff, and the work that they do to improve our communities. The goal is to inspire people to get involved with these amazing organizations- whether it’s simply following an organization on social media, volunteering when you can, donating to their cause, or joining their staff. National Nonprofit Day acknowledges the positive impacts organizations have on communities and the world. We truly appreciate the people strengthening these organizations.
How You Can Celebrate National Nonprofit Day
There are a number of ways you can get involved with a nonprofit. If you have the money but don’t have the time, make a gift. If you have the time but don’t have the money, give your time.
Take some time to learn more about nonprofits. Learn how they receive funding, what you can do to get involved, and how they change the world.
support nonprofits on social media
- Follow your favorite nonprofit on all of their social media pages. Engage in their conversations and spread the word by sharing their posts.
- Did you know that you can dedicate your birthday on Facebook to a nonprofit?
- Create a post about your favorite nonprofit and use the hashtag #NationalNonprofitDay
- Don’t forget to use the Facebook filter and frames we created for National Nonprofit Day! Click here to give them a try.
volunteer for a nonprofit
Check out VolunteerMatch.org to look up volunteer opportunities near you. Volunteer Match allows you to search for nonprofits that fit your interests, lifestyle, and availability.
donate to a nonprofit
- Donate necessary supplies to your favorite nonprofit organization. Animal shelters always need food, toys, or beds. A homeless shelter may need beds, blankets, or food. Organizations need certain supplies to operate, and you can help make that happen.
- Become a monthly donor. Set aside money each month to give to a cause you are passionate about.
- Not ready to donate? Does the organization you are interested in have any events coming up? Attend their events to learn more about the organization before making the decision to donate.
How are you going to celebrate National Nonprofit Day?
There you have it- our simple guide to celebrating National Nonprofit Day. Thank you for all that you do to support nonprofit organizations. Because of people like you, these organizations are able to thrive. Comment below to share how you plan to celebrate National Nonprofit Day. We can’t wait to hear!