Everyone uses Facebook Ads these days (and we love them), but have you tried Snapchat? We recently wrapped up a campaign for Joining Hearts, a client’s newly rebranded program that provides counseling for women experiencing unplanned pregnancies. Their target audience is women in Arizona within the age range of 15-30. Snapchat has almost 200 million daily users, with a majority of users being millennials (18-34 years old). Snapchat reaches 41% of all 18 to 34-year-olds in the United States…every day. Are you trying to reach millennials? Then you should consider Snapchat.
statistics from hootsuite
- Over 60% of video ads on Snapchat are watched with the sound on. 85% of videos on Facebook are watched on mute.
- Snapchat has the sixth highest concentration of millennial users on mobile apps at 76%.
- On average, 25% of people open newsletters in their email inbox. But with Snapchat, for every 1,000 of your followers, 900 will watch your story. Just ask Gary Vaynerchuk.
our success with snap ads
We created a Snap Ad for Joining Hearts. Prior to their rebranding, the client did very little to promote this program. That being said, this campaign brought more brand awareness than ever before.
What is a Snap Ad? Snap Ads are vertical videos that run up to 10 seconds and are shown with Snapchat’s original Shows, curated Our Stories, media companies’ Publisher Stories and between peoples’ publicly posted Stories.
how did we set it up?
Snapchat tends to be more expensive than Facebook. $350 is the minimum lifetime budget for a campaign, and $50 is the minimum daily budget.
Timeframe: November 4-10
We also scheduled the ad to run during specific times, since the majority of users would be in school. The ad was scheduled to run:
- Monday to Friday, 12 am until 1 am, 8 am until 11 am, and 4 pm until 12 am
- Saturday to Sunday, 12 am until 12 am
- 50+ zip codes in Arizona
- 15-30 years old
- All Operating Systems, Carriers & Connection Types
You can really customize your target audience (language, household income, lifestyles, etc), but we kept it simple because we needed to reach anyone who could be pregnant.
- 210,812 impressions (total number of times ad was viewed)
- 1,428 swipe ups to their website
We took this as a win. Their program awareness went from 0 to 100 real quick. It looks as though the majority of views was on Sunday and Monday, with traffic slowing down throughout the week. We’re waiting for hard data to see how many phone calls or texts were generated from Snapchat, but we’ve heard the client has received quite a few so far. Stay tuned for more.